Certified Battery Recycling
For over 30 years, leading Northwest companies have selected Battery Power Systems to administer their battery recycling program. BPS is fully licensed and insured to offer superior customer protection through all phases involved in the recycling process: removal, packaging, transportation, storage, and final destruction. Our recycling services comply with all local, state, and federal regulations. Upon completion of services, customers receive a comprehensive tracking report, copies of all bill of ladings, as well as a Recycling Certificate by the EPA Approved TSDF (Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facility). As an additional safeguard, BPS maintains copies of all recycling documentation for 10 years. When you select BPS as your spent battery handler, you can be assured safety is our primary objective. BPS technicians are routinely instructed in the latest hazardous material training and spill response procedures. BPS is equipped to handle any lead-acid batteries from 10 AH - 8000 AH, including special equipment to safely remove fragile, cracked, or leaking batteries. For complete details on battery recycling services, please see our Recycling Brochure.
- Over 30 Years of Experience in Battery Removals and Recycling
- BPS is an Approved Recycling Vendor for numerous Fortune 500 companies
- BPS's Recycling Program meets or exceeds the most stringent customer environmental health & safety requirements
- Strong Financial Stability
- Specialized Material Handling Equipment for Challenging Removals
- Flooded Cells Packaged in Sealed Overpacks
- Documented Spill Response Procedures
- Spill Response Kits & OSHA Required PPE
- Extensive General and Umbrella Coverage
- Contractor’s Pollution Liability Coverage (crucial coverage for on site battery removals )
- Transportation Pollution Liability Coverage
- BPS is DOT Registered for Hazardous Material (Battery Transport)
- BPS Drivers maintain Class B, CDL with Haz Mat Endorsement
- MCS-90 Hazardous Material Endorsement
- BPS is named as an “Additional Insured” by all parties involved in the recycling process
- EPA Approved Facilities
- Complete Paperwork Trail forwarded to Customer
- Back-Up Documentation Maintained at BPS for 10 Years
Battery Types Accepted For Certified Recycling
- VARIETIES - Industrial, lead-acid, storage, stationary, flooded, wet cell, round cell, lead-calcium, lead-antimony, lead-selenium, plante, tubular, valve regulated lead acid, (VRLA), absorbed glass mat (AGM), maintenance-free, sealed non-spillable (NOS), gel cell, gelled electrolyte, monoblock, automotive, motive power, forklift, and others.
- BRANDS - Exide, GNB, East Penn / Deka, Enersys, C&D, Power, Powersafe, Panasonic, Yuasa, SEC, SBS, Alcad, CSB, Northstar, NSB, APC, Batterycorp, FIAMM, Johnson Control, Lineage, Absolyte, Marathon, Sprinter, Liberty, Unigy, Dynasty, and others.
- APPLICATIONS - Telecommunications (communications / telecom) central office, network power, outside plant, wireless, cellular, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), data center, emergency backup, mission critical applications, general purpose, standby / reserve power, utility, switchgear, CATV broadband, alternative / renewable energy, photovoltaic.